Pinch-pot with Plant:
- Colored clay
- Air plant
- Choose a piece of your colored clay
- Pick other colors and mix it with the first color if you want (but don’t use all of the clay)
- Roll the clay around in your hands to shape it into a ball
- Begin forming a bowl by pushing the clay down in the center of the ball with your fingers (but don’t push all the way through)
- optional: use another bowl as a mold and shape the clay to the inside of the bowl
- Squeeze around the sides of the bowl to make the edges thinner, but make sure it is still sturdy enough to stand on its own
- Decorate the bowl with other pieces of clay if you want
- Wait for your bowl to dry completely and put your little plant in it
- If you have more clay, make another bowl!
Tissue Paper Self-Portrait:
- Blank face template
- Tissue paper
- “Hair” strings
- Gloves (optional)
- Think about what you look like. What color is your hair? Your eyes? Your shirt?
- Choose your tissue paper and tear it into small pieces
- Pour the glue out onto a mini paper plate and gently dip a piece of paper into it
- Place the paper with glue on the blank face template
- Continue this to cover the whole face
- Use different colors on different parts of the face, and cut pieces of string for the hair
- Do it however you want! Remember, the face is a guideline, and it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Decorate the background too!
Painting with Cars and Animals:
- Finger paints
- Cars + animal toys + sponges
- Mini paper plates
- Gloves (optional)
- Pour out paint onto the mini paper plates
- Run a toy car through or dip the animal paws into the paint
- Stamp the toy onto a sheet of paper to create colorful patterns and designs.
- Switch up your toy or colors while working to make your painting unique
- You can use your fingers too!
- Paper towel tube
- “Filling” (quinoa with some rocks)
- Rubber band
- Parchment paper square
- Tape over the rubber band on the closed end to hold it in place
- Decorate the outside of the paper towel tube however you want using pieces of colorful tape, and/or stickers (or markers if you have them)
- After decorating, fill the tube with the filling inside the small plastic bag
- Using a rubber band, seal the parchment paper over the open end of the tube (just like the other side) and tape over it
- Shake and roll the tube to make “rain” sounds
Shaving Cream Tie-Dye T-Shirt:
- Shaving cream
- Disposable pan
- Dye bottles (ADD WATER)
- Wooden skewer
- Before class: add water up to the fill line in the 3 dye bottles
- Completely dampen your t-shirt with water and wring it out
- Spray all of the shaving cream in the bottom of the pan and spread it out ( like icing a cake)
- Gently squeeze drops of paint on top of the shaving cream
- Take the wooden skewer and drag it through the shaving cream and paint drops to make your design however you want
- Take your damp t-shirt and gently lay the front flat across the shaving cream and paint design in your pan and gently press down so the pattern sticks to your shirt.
- Repeat this on another part of your shirt (but don’t do it on the back of the shirt unless you can immediately hang it up to dry)
- Take your shirt out, lay it flat or hang it up and let it dry for about 6 hours.
- Have your parents wash the t-shirt and enjoy wearing it!